Subject: bug#59251: 29.0.50; Fix-some-inconsistencies-in-ts-modes

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:12:29 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 21:42:19 +0100
>> From:  Theodor Thornhill via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> BTW, should we do the same thing we did with js-mode - add a js-ts-mode
>> and don't change the js.el file at all?  We could either go the same
>> route as c-ts-mode, where we define both c and c++ in the same file, or
>> keep them separate.  What do you think?
>
> From my POV, it is best not to introduce new modes if that is
> possible.  That way, we minimize confusion and allow users to adapt
> more easily.  Only where the new mode is radically different from the
> old one and cannot be easily be an optional addition to the old one,
> is a completely new mode justified.

Then I think we should do something like one of the first suggestions I
made weeks ago - separate the inits so that as little as possible is
shared between them.  If we do that, then it would at least make sense
to merge css and javascript.