Subject: bug#59243: 28.2.50; Larger Fringe Bitmaps

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:49:48 +0200

> Please consider the fringe bitmaps I've defined in bigger-fringe.el.
> This is a cheap change which nevertheless should increase
> accessibility a little bit. I override the bitmaps defined in
> fringe.c, flymake.el, diff.el and diff-hl.el. The file
> bigger-fringe.el contains the command `fringe-bitmap-test', which
> I've used to create a screenshot of the updated fringe bitmaps. I've
> attached the screenshot for comparison.

Oh, I have the opposite problem: the default fringe bitmaps are too big
for my font size.  So I have to use smaller versions:

  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-down-arrow [32 32 32 32 32 32 168 112 32] nil nil 'bottom)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-up-arrow [32 112 168 32 32 32 32 32 32] nil nil 'top)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-top-left-angle [254 254 128 128 128] nil nil 'top)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-bottom-left-angle [128 128 128 254 254] nil  nil 'bottom)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-left-bracket [254 254 128 128 128 0 0 0 0 128 128 128 254 254] nil nil 'center)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-right-curly-arrow [96 16 8 8 72 80 96 120] nil nil 'bottom)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-left-curly-arrow [8 16 16 16 18 10 6 30] nil nil 'top)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-right-arrow [16 8 252 8 16] nil 11 'center)
  (define-fringe-bitmap 'light-left-arrow [32 64 254 64 32] nil nil 'center)
  (setq-default fringe-indicator-alist
                '((truncation . (light-left-arrow light-right-arrow))
                  (continuation . (light-left-curly-arrow light-right-curly-arrow))
                  (overlay-arrow . right-triangle)
                  (up . light-up-arrow)
                  (down . light-down-arrow)
                  (top . (light-top-left-angle top-right-angle))
                  (bottom . (light-bottom-left-angle bottom-right-angle
                             top-right-angle light-top-left-angle))
                  (top-bottom . (light-left-bracket right-bracket
                                 top-right-angle light-top-left-angle))
                  (empty-line . empty-line)
                  (unknown . question-mark)))

Maybe a new customizable option could allow to select from different sets
of bitmaps with such labels as "Large", "Medium", "Small".