Subject: bug#5924: 23.1; accept-process-output switching current-buffer

From: Uday S Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:39:10 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:

> That's very odd: both the sentinel and the filter code are careful to
> preserve the current_buffer when there's no sentinel or no filter set.

I might also mention that the processes I am dealing with are created
by open-network-stream.  Perhaps this primitive is creating
filters/sentinels which are creating interference.  You can find my
full code at the URL below if you want to check further.

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vm/vm/trunk/annotate/head:/lisp/vm-imap.el

The comment blocks give the signatures of the functions which you can
use to perhaps locate the interesting bits.  

----

I also realized lately that in the normal operation of VM, this
problem doesn't show up much because it is rare to deal with multiple
IMAP sessions concurrently.  However, for the sake of development
work, I have turned on tracing/logging, which is preserving the old
process-buffers.  So, this problem, which is luckily repeatable,
occurs immediately after one IMAP session has been closed and another
begun, because the IMAP server sends some random closing message to
the old session while the new session is going on, and we get the
interference that I have observed.

Cheers,
Uday