Subject: Re: bug#59232:

From: Urban Engberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:36:24 +0100

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 at 19:35, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Maybe the command might fails when run in a non-interactive terminal?
>
> You can try emulating the same circumstances in the shell by doing
> something like this:
>
>    echo "" | git blame README | cat
>
> (Of course, by replacing the command in the middle with the SVN command
> that actually runs.)
>

I thought about that too, namely as it does not fail when setting
process-conection-type to t. But no,

echo "" | svn --non-interactive annotate Program.java | cat

works just fine.

I shortened the failing statement down to

(let ((process-connection-type nil))
  (start-process
   "xxx"
   "*Test*"
   "svn"
   "annotate" "FILE"))

where FILE contains more than 100 lines – that also seems to be
significant, and using --non-interactive is not. But I am still not able to
figure out if it is the svn command itself that crashes, or it has
something to do with the process communication and Emacs. If it's the
first, it should be possible to find a way that this crashes as well when
run from the shell.

-- 
[email-masked], 5679+MHJ Århus
<https://www.google.com/maps?q=9F8G5679%2BMHJ>