Subject: Re: bug#59232: 27.2; vc-annotate on SVN does not process all lines

From: Pierre Rouleau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 09:55:09 -0500

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 3:12 AM Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
> > If the file is small, all lines are annotated by vc-annotate.
> > But when the file is large (over about 64KiB) then the end of the files
> > are never annotated.
>
> What does "never annotated" mean?  How does is look like instead?
>

If the file stored in the repo has 3000 lines and you issue a svn blame on
that file on the command line, the output is 3000 lines.
Inside Emacs if you run (vc-annotate) on that file it would normally create
a buffer with 3000 lines inside it all of them being colored.  What I see
is for that 3000 line file the buffer contains something like 1000 lines
only: the first 1000 lines of the 3000 lines I was expecting to see.  And
those 1000 lines are all colored properly.  I just don't see any
information about the remaining 2000 lines.

-- 
/Pierre