Subject: bug#5923: 23.1.95; minibuffer-message discards input events

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 09:11:57 -0400

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I don't know if it is fixed, and I don't have the time to dig into
> this again.  (What you quoted was by no means the last part of this
> bug thread, BTW.)  I would _not_ assume that this bug has been fixed.
> I think someone would need to dig into this, to debug it.
>
> I provided a self-contained repro recipe based on the code at
> the time, but it is no longer sufficient because variable
> `overriding-map-is-bound' no longer exists, and the underlying
> code has changed.

It looks like the examples are reductions from icicles code. Do you
still have problems with this in icicles? A repro recipe along the
lines of "load icicles-foo.el and icicles-bar.el then M-x C-u <etc
etc>..." would be useful. Otherwise I would propose to close the bug
as unreproducible.

PS Removing bug #3938 from cc list, as it seems to cause duplicated
emails (I hadn't noticed that I had sent my previous message to both
merged bugs, seems to be a misfeature of gnus' ephemeral bug groups)