Subject: Re: bug#59205: ‘guix help’ output is partly untranslated

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 09:54:10 +0100

Hi!

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The pot generation process for translations at weblate is separate from
> the one for Guix. The pot in Guix is outdated and not updated
> automatically.

Oh.  So if we add a new ‘--keyword’ option (say) to ‘XGETTEXT_OPTIONS’,
it won’t be picked up automatically, right?

How can we improve sharing between these two processes?

> It seems that the rules for generating the pot changed in Guix, but I
> don't use them for generating the pot files in the translation repo.
> That is because I don't want to run configure, make and risk something
> breaking because of an ABI change, just for translations. I updated the
> generation process and ran an update. The pot file in the translation
> repo now has the missing strings and they should appear at weblate in a
> few hours if all goes well :)

Perfect!  Let us know when we can close this bug.

Thank you,
Ludo’.