Subject: bug#59200: reproducibility

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 10:20:20 +0000

ykonai via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I can definitely consistently reproduce this issue. Maybe something in
> your filesystem could interfere with this? Try:
> guix shell sbcl sbcl-uuid --container -- sbcl --eval '(require :asdf)'
> --eval '(asdf:load-system :uuid)'
>
> This is on guix commit 8f9588185d74f1f251b041b84d43302c337588ff, which
> is from a fresh guix pull.
>
> I was wrong wrt. .fasl files missing: ls -l $(guix build
> sbcl-uuid)/lib/common-lisp/sbcl/uuid/ does show that the FASL is there,
> it is simply that SBCL arbitrarily decides it needs to be recompiled,
> which looks like the problem here. It could be some ASDF upstream bug.

I tried:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix time-machine --commit=8f9588185d74f1f251b041b84d43302c337588ff -- \
  shell sbcl sbcl-uuid --container -- \
  sbcl --no-userinit --eval '(require :asdf)' --eval '(asdf:load-system :uuid)'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and it worked without error.

Maybe there is something in your local CL configuration (.sbclrc) that
ASDF doesn't like...
Could you check if you still have an error when ignoring the local
configuration with:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix shell sbcl sbcl-uuid --container -- \
  sbcl --no-userinit --eval '(require :asdf)' --eval '(asdf:load-system :uuid)'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---