Subject: bug#59199: [Elisp Manual]; 28.2; "[No value for “VERSION”]" in Introduction

From: Rafael Beirigo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:29:05 -0300

This is about the Elisp Manual.  I am not sure this is the right way to
report it.

On Elisp Manual for Emacs 28.2, last paragraph of `1. Introduction`
reads:

    This is edition [No value for “VERSION”] of the GNU Emacs Lisp
    Reference Manual, corresponding to Emacs version 28.2.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-11-08 built on bach
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: PDFView

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  pdf-sync-minor-mode: t
  pdf-annot-minor-mode: t
  pdf-outline-minor-mode: t
  pdf-links-minor-mode: t
  pdf-history-minor-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  pdf-isearch-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-context-menu-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-menu-bar-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-size-indication-minor-mode: t
  pdf-misc-minor-mode: t
  pdf-cache-prefetch-minor-mode: t
  my-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/rafa/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221028.1430/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader emacsbug sendmail ob-C ob-R
ob-awk ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs ob-clojure ob-css ob-dot ob-eshell eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util ob-forth
ob-fortran cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds ob-gnuplot
ob-groovy ob-haskell ob-java ob-js ob-julia ob-latex ob-lilypond ob-lisp
ob-lua ob-makefile ob-maxima ob-ocaml ob-octave ob-org ob-perl
ob-processing ob-ruby ob-sass ob-scheme ob-screen ob-sed ob-sqlite
ob-sql ob-ditaa ob-plantuml ol-bibtex org-crypt org-clock org-colview
org-plot eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe shortdoc make-mode latexenc
face-remap misearch multi-isearch thingatpt magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit message rmc
puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor server magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm dash compat-27
compat-26 compat compat-macs vc help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug
backtrace repeat apropos skeleton ox-beamer pdf-sync pdf-annot facemenu
pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history hi-lock mule-util cl-extra help-mode
autorevert filenotify conf-mode sh-script smie executable dired-aux
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher notifications dbus xml elec-pair
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit wid-edit
pdf-view bookmark pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif holidays hol-loaddefs org-habit
misterioso-theme ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org-tempo tempo ob-shell ob-python python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell parse-time ls-lisp org-id org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic
bibtex iso8601 time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-install windmove grep compile text-property-search comint ansi-color
ring whitespace time cus-load edmacro kmacro savehist desktop frameset
finder-inf org2blog-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 585648 60766)
 (symbols 48 44791 11)
 (strings 32 172987 11866)
 (string-bytes 1 46245303)
 (vectors 16 85123)
 (vector-slots 8 1608122 74825)
 (floats 8 27219 4263)
 (intervals 56 10572 2427)
 (buffers 992 80))