Subject: [bug#59197] [PATCH 0/3] Support 'herd configuration SERVICE' to view config file

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:11:31 +0100

Hi!

So far, to view the config file of sshd, elogind, etc., you'd have to do:

  cat /proc/PID/cmdline | xargs -0

or sometimes:

  cat /proc/PID/environ | xargs -0

and extract the config file name from there.

With this change, you can do:

  cat $(herd configuration elogind)

or similar.  Simple but convenient.

This patch series adds it to a few core services.  Adding it elsewhere
is left as an exercise to the reader.  :-)

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  services: shepherd: Define 'shepherd-configuration-action' helper.
  services: Add Shepherd 'configuration' action to various services.
  home: services: redshift: Add 'configuration' action.

 doc/guix.texi                  | 11 +++++++++++
 gnu/home/services/desktop.scm  |  3 ++-
 gnu/home/services/shepherd.scm |  3 ++-
 gnu/services/avahi.scm         |  5 +++--
 gnu/services/base.scm          |  5 +++--
 gnu/services/desktop.scm       | 12 ++++++++----
 gnu/services/networking.scm    |  4 +++-
 gnu/services/shepherd.scm      | 12 ++++++++++++
 gnu/services/ssh.scm           |  6 +++++-
 gnu/services/web.scm           |  7 +++----
 gnu/services/xorg.scm          | 10 ++++++----
 gnu/tests/base.scm             |  6 ++++++
 12 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1f5e8ef14ffa385907fc94a754cfff7a45fee50c
prerequisite-patch-id: ee11d213a4ee466dff6379eeaeea292b6ba93fb0
prerequisite-patch-id: 857e9a0f3d1bc9ad5584c44bc767683a53e44972
prerequisite-patch-id: b87a0615ac48fe8950281f797cd2d096a98f4a2c
prerequisite-patch-id: c554e46d5d315cd349df21ba153ef6ed580f0b3c
-- 
2.38.0