Subject: Re: bug#59188: [PATCH 0/4] gnu: node-lts: Update to 18.12.1.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 15:12:10 +0100

Hi,

Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As I said in the other thread, I'd suggest to decline the 53414 (which
> updates node to version 16.x) in favor of this patch-series (which
> updates to 18.x). That is because it'll save us work since there'll only
> be a single package-breaking upgrade (instead of two).

Sounds good to me.

> For this submission to be merged, I'd guess we should:
>
> 1. Check if we want to adapt some patches from Debian, listed here:
>    https://sources.debian.org/patches/nodejs/18.12.1+dfsg-2/
>    E.g. the "dfsg/privacy_breach.patch" looks good.

Yes, but that can be done separately I guess.

> 2. Make sure that packages, which depend on node, still build (and run)
>    fine. I'm not sure how to do this. Do we need a branch for this?

It depends.  Hilton, were you able to build everything returned by
‘guix refresh -l node’, except perhaps ungoogled-chromium?

For some reason <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/59188> didn’t pick it
up.  Anything we should do to address that, Chris?

Otherwise we can indeed create a branch and tell ci.guix to build it,
for instance.

Thanks,
Ludo’.