Subject: [bug#59186] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add emacs-free-keys.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 11:46:52 +0100

Hello,

jgart via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-free-keys): New variable.
>
> Sorry about that. Here is v2 with the texinfo markup updated.

Thank you. I moved the package definition outside the end of the file,
changed @code{free-keys} into Free-keys (sorry, I couldn't help) and
applied it.

> Is what you're saying that @code markup should never be used to reference
> guix code?

No, it isn't.

I'm saying that we should not mix the Guix variable name (here
`emacs-free-keys') and the name of the project (here `free-keys'). The
description is more about the project than the Guix variable. Therefore,
we should reference the former, not the latter. As a consequence,
@code{free-keys} is better than @code{emacs-free-keys} because we're not
referencing Guix code.

Also, on a more personal POV, I think we're using emphasis too much in
descriptions as it hinders readability. In particular, @code markup
should really be reserved to symbols (variables, functions…) rather than
project names. Capitalization is much more elegant in this case.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou