Subject: Re: bug#59183: 29.0.50; emacs_abort () at sysdep.c:2313

From: Kenny Ballou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:03:37 -0700

On 2023-01-25 15:58 -05, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> My apologies.  I missed the CC to the list and I should have provided
>> actual links to the patches/commits.  I'm currently running from this
>> commit 29a8a1885d9[0] (see here[1] for more details of the environment),
>> which should include the patch[2] you mentioned in this thread[3].
>
> Are you sure you're running from that commit?
>
>>>> 2023-01-23 19:35:22 Detected nested iteration!
>>>> 2023-01-23 19:35:22 Outer: textprop.c:647
>>>> 2023-01-23 19:35:22 Inner: buffer.c:2982
>
> AFAICT the string "Detected nested iteration" is nowhere to be found in
> that commit, so my crystal ball suspects you're not running the Emacs
> binary you think you're running.
>
>

I think your crystal ball is suspiciously correct.  I may have still had
not restarted the emacs-daemon that was running after upgrading the home
profile that builds emacs.

Double checking `emacs-version` in a new instance: GNU Emacs 30.0.50
(build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version
1.16.0).

Thanks for all the help and troubleshooting.  Sorry for all the noise
about nothing.

Is there a way to output the version information upon server startup?
Something in `early-init.el`, perhaps?

-Kenny