Subject: Re: bug#59180: [berlin] configure mumi <- debbugs sync via an rsync service

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 14:48:58 -0500

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Felix,
>
> Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi Maxim,
>>
>> Here is rsync service I use [1] in case that's helpful.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Felix
>>
>> [1]
>> https://codeberg.org/lechner/system-config/src/commit/bf38906f52526d9d8a2bb92489b3bd51d0e7d713/host/wallace-server/operating-system.scm#L633-L651
>
> Thanks.
>
> This is how it is manually started, peeking at top:
>
> bash -c while true; do timeout --kill-after 5m 1h rsync --delete -av [email-masked]::var-lib-debbugs /var/mumi/data/; sleep 1; done

I implemented the above reusing the shared mcron job almost as-is,
and it appears to work:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2024-02-01 20:46:00 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: running...
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: receiving incremental file list
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-affects.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-correspondent.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:02 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-message-id.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:02 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-owner.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:02 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-package.idx
[...]
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/org-mode_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/parted.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/parted_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/sed.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/sed_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/skribilo.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/skribilo_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/vc-dwim.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/vc-dwim_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/woodchuck.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/woodchuck_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: www/db/
2024-02-01 20:46:39 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: www/db/ix/
2024-02-01 20:46:39 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: www/db/ix/zstamp.html
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data:
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: sent 161,909 bytes  received 8,905,931 bytes  223,897.28 bytes/sec
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: total size is 18,780,129,589  speedup is 2,071.07
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: completed in 40.293s
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks a lot, Felix!

-- 
Maxim