Subject: bug#59180: closed (Re: bug#59180: [berlin] configure mumi <- debbugs sync via an rsync service)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 19:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59180: [berlin] configure mumi <- debbugs sync via an rsync service

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59180: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59180
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59180: [berlin] configure mumi <- debbugs sync via an rsync service
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 14:48:58 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Felix,
>
> Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi Maxim,
>>
>> Here is rsync service I use [1] in case that's helpful.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Felix
>>
>> [1]
>> https://codeberg.org/lechner/system-config/src/commit/bf38906f52526d9d8a2bb92489b3bd51d0e7d713/host/wallace-server/operating-system.scm#L633-L651
>
> Thanks.
>
> This is how it is manually started, peeking at top:
>
> bash -c while true; do timeout --kill-after 5m 1h rsync --delete -av [email-masked]::var-lib-debbugs /var/mumi/data/; sleep 1; done

I implemented the above reusing the shared mcron job almost as-is,
and it appears to work:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2024-02-01 20:46:00 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: running...
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: receiving incremental file list
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-affects.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:01 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-correspondent.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:02 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-message-id.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:02 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-owner.idx
2024-02-01 20:46:02 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/by-package.idx
[...]
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/org-mode_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/parted.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/parted_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/sed.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/sed_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/skribilo.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/skribilo_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/vc-dwim.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/vc-dwim_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/woodchuck.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: spool/rrd/woodchuck_tag.rrd
2024-02-01 20:46:36 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: www/db/
2024-02-01 20:46:39 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: www/db/ix/
2024-02-01 20:46:39 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: www/db/ix/zstamp.html
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data:
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: sent 161,909 bytes  received 8,905,931 bytes  223,897.28 bytes/sec
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: total size is 18,780,129,589  speedup is 2,071.07
2024-02-01 20:46:40 90211 Rsync Debbugs data: completed in 40.293s
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks a lot, Felix!

-- 
Maxim

Subject: [berlin] configure mumi <- debbugs sync via an rsync service
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:07:19 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Currently, the sync of issues with MUMI happen via a manually launched
rsync (by rekado).  We should properly configure it in the berlin.scm
configuration file, so that it sticks after a reboot.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim