Subject: Re: bug#59178: 28.2 ; Problems with Gnus (Emacs) + GnuPG for signing a mail with S/MIME

From: Angel de Vicente <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 16:49:52 +0000

Hello,

Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:

> You say that you cannot reproduce it in emacs -Q, did you try to bisect
> your init files?

my bad. I didn't want to say that the problem didn't show up when
running with 'emacs -Q'. What I meant is that I didn't try to run it
only with 'emacs -Q', since to get this to work I need to have some
stuff configured in .emacs (to get Gnus + GnuPG working). I will try
when I have some time, but I fail to see what in .emacs could make
PGP+'loopback pinentry' work while SMIME+'loopback pinentry' fail.

Cheers,
-- 
Ángel de Vicente
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)
 Tel.: +34 922-605-747
 Web.: http://research.iac.es/proyecto/polmag/

 GPG: 0x8BDC390B69033F52