Subject: bug#59175: GNU Icecat not loading cloudflare

From: bill-auger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 22:05:57 -0500

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 01:39:49 +0100 Ruben wrote:
> this mismatch breaks things.

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:12:37 +0200 bob wrote:
> would it fix the bug by changing it back to 'firefox'?

the mismatch was the problem - the user-agent alone was acceptable
- i had explained it better on a preceding message:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2021-05/msg00002.html

here is a test page:
  <html><body><script type="text/javascript">
  document.write("codeName="   + navigator.appCodeName + "<br />");
  document.write("appName="    + navigator.appName     + "<br />");
  document.write("appVersion=" + navigator.appVersion  + "<br />");
  document.write("oscpu="      + navigator.oscpu       + "<br />");
  document.write("platform="   + navigator.platform    + "<br />");
  document.write("product="    + navigator.product     + "<br />");
  document.write("buildID="    + navigator.buildID     + "<br />");
  document.write("userAgent="  + navigator.userAgent   + "<br />");
  </script><body><html>

icecat:
  codeName=Mozilla
  appName=Netscape
  appVersion=78.0
  oscpu=Windows NT 6.1
  platform=Win32
  product=Gecko
  buildID=Gecko/20100101
  userAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 IceCat/78.0

notice that 'userAgent' has "Linux x86_64" while 'oscpu' and 'platform' declare "Windows"
- that is probably why cloudflare rejects the clients as insane