Subject: bug#59149: Feature Request: Report progress of long requests in Eglot

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 19:56:27 +0000

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 7:45 PM Danny Freeman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> Stephen Leake <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> I am copying him on this email, as I realize he wasn't on this branch of
> the email chain. João, please see the previous emails in the thread for
> more context! Here is a link for convenience:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2022-11/msg01619.html

Yep this is all news to me, but no problem, I just read through the chain.

If, like Stephen says, $progress is part of the base protocol, then there's
no capability associated indeed, but I think we should just make up one
like `:$progress`, and use change eglot--server-capable-p to be able
to respond unequivocally 't' to those special built in capabilities, but
only after checking if they're not in the eglot-ignored-server-capabilities
list.

I think this is more consistent with the other kinds of feature checks we
have elsewhere.

João