Subject: bug#59149: Feature Request: Report progress of long requests in Eglot

From: Danny Freeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:07:45 -0500

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks Danny, this doesn't look bad at all, though I have yet to
> understand how it works.  I can half-see why progress status should be a
> server property, but it would be better if you provided an automated
> test, or maybe just a step-by-step sequence diagram (which can be in
> plain text and language) that clarifies this.  An animated gif that
> might also work.

I'd love to write some tests, but I can't seem to find any for eglot in
the emacs repository. I see they exist in the github project. Is there
something I'm overlooking?

> Anyway, the way the user opts out of LSP configuration is via the user
> variable eglot-ignored-server-capabilities.  So there should be some
> point where you check the associated LSP capability of "progress
> reporting" with eglot--server-capable.

That's what I'm looking for, thank you. I'll take a look at the prior
art in eglot and work this in.

-- 
Danny Freeman