Subject: Re: bug#59135: Receiving large files with ERC-DCC

From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 21:21:51 -0700

Tohiko Looka <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi J.P.,
>
>> What version of Emacs and ERC is this? If you have the command
>> `erc-bug', please consider using it to prepare ERC bug reports in the
>> future.
> A sorry, I didn't realize erc had its own bug reporting mechanism.
> I also should have included that I am using Emacs 28.1 the ERC 5.4.
>
>> Regardless, if ERC thinks it's in a turbo-aware conversation, it won't
>> send reports at all. You can toggle this behavior with the -t switch
>> starting in Emacs 29.1. See the command usage in the ;;; Commentary
>> section in erc-dcc.el [1] and maybe some related variables further down
>> [2]. There's also bug#54458 [3], which gave rise to that feature. Hope
>> that helps.
>
> I will try this.Thanks

Closing this bug since there hasn't been any action in six months or so.
If the problem persists, please let me know, and I'll reopen it. Thanks.