Subject: bug#59131: closed (Re: bug#59131: gnu: emacs-magit: Tests fail.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59131: gnu: emacs-magit: Tests fail.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59131: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59131
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59131: gnu: emacs-magit: Tests fail.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: "(" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 08:43:20 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"(" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Fixed independently of my patch by updating to that commit.

Thanks for the heads-up; closing.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: gnu: emacs-magit: Tests fail.
From: "(" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 19:48:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Heya Guix,

  $ guix describe
  Generation 240	Nov 08 2022 18:38:30	(current)
  guix c52cdd1
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: c52cdd18d6f8dddd69dfb1f8b5214a0db6ebb562
  [...]

EMACS-MAGIT fails to build on master, as two tests fail:

  starting phase `check'
  Loading /tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/source/t/magit-tests.el (source)...
  Running 20 tests (2022-11-08 19:45:52+0000, selector ‘t’)
     passed   1/20  magit--with-safe-default-directory (0.012841 sec)
  Keeping test directory:
    /tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-HMOZ05/
  Test magit-get backtrace:
    signal(magit-git-error ("clone of '/tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0
    (condition-case err (let* ((vnew #'(lambda (&rest _))) (old (symbol-
    (let ((dir (file-name-as-directory (make-temp-file "magit-" t))) (pr
    (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let ((dir (file-name-as-directory (mak
    (lambda nil (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let ((dir (file-name-as-di
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name magit-get :documentation nil :body (l
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests [... ... ... 
    ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
    (progn (load-file "t/magit-tests.el") (ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit)
    eval((progn (load-file "t/magit-tests.el") (ert-run-tests-batch-and-
    command-line-1(("-L" "./lisp" "-L" "./../dash" "-L" "./../libgit" "-
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test magit-get condition:
      (magit-git-error "clone of '/tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-HMOZ05/remote' into submodule path '/tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-HMOZ05/super/repo' failed (in /tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-HMOZ05/super/)")
     FAILED   2/20  magit-get (0.381424 sec)
     passed   3/20  magit-get-boolean (0.149823 sec)
     passed   4/20  magit-get-{current|next}-tag (0.366224 sec)
     passed   5/20  magit-in-bare-repo (0.027539 sec)
     passed   6/20  magit-in-non-bare-repo (0.042858 sec)
     passed   7/20  magit-list-{|local-|remote-}branch-names (0.152424 sec)
     passed   8/20  magit-process:match-prompt-match-non-first-prompt (0.000029 sec)
     passed   9/20  magit-process:match-prompt-nil-when-no-match (0.000019 sec)
     passed  10/20  magit-process:match-prompt-non-nil-when-match (0.000019 sec)
     passed  11/20  magit-process:match-prompt-preserves-match-group (0.000024 sec)
     passed  12/20  magit-process:match-prompt-suffixes-prompt (0.000021 sec)
     passed  13/20  magit-process:password-prompt (0.000029 sec)
     passed  14/20  magit-process:password-prompt-observed (0.000308 sec)
     passed  15/20  magit-status:file-sections (0.417049 sec)
     passed  16/20  magit-status:log-sections (0.432241 sec)
     passed  17/20  magit-toplevel:basic (0.155159 sec)
  Keeping test directory:
    /tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-F6vcoC/
  Test magit-toplevel:submodule backtrace:
    signal(magit-git-error ("clone of '/tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0
    (condition-case err (let* ((vnew #'(lambda (&rest _))) (old (symbol-
    (let ((dir (file-name-as-directory (make-temp-file "magit-" t))) (pr
    (let ((find-file-visit-truename nil)) (let ((dir (file-name-as-direc
    (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let ((find-file-visit-truename nil)) (
    (lambda nil (let ((lexical-binding nil)) (let ((find-file-visit-true
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name magit-toplevel:submodule :documentati
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests ... :test-map
    ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
    (progn (load-file "t/magit-tests.el") (ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit)
    eval((progn (load-file "t/magit-tests.el") (ert-run-tests-batch-and-
    command-line-1(("-L" "./lisp" "-L" "./../dash" "-L" "./../libgit" "-
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test magit-toplevel:submodule condition:
      (magit-git-error "clone of '/tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-F6vcoC/remote' into submodule path '/tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-F6vcoC/super/repo' failed (in /tmp/guix-build-emacs-magit-3.3.0.drv-0/magit-F6vcoC/super/)")
     FAILED  18/20  magit-toplevel:submodule (0.180480 sec)
    skipped  19/20  magit-toplevel:tramp (0.000079 sec)
     passed  20/20  magit-utils:add-face-text-property (0.000025 sec)

  Ran 20 tests, 17 results as expected, 2 unexpected, 1 skipped (2022-11-08 19:45:54+0000, 2.453376 sec)

  2 unexpected results:
     FAILED  magit-get
     FAILED  magit-toplevel:submodule

  1 skipped results:
    SKIPPED  magit-toplevel:tramp

  make: *** [Makefile:111: test] Error 1

This appears to have been caused by commit 83ede5a ("gnu: git: Update to 2.38.1.").

    -- (