Subject: Re: [bug#59126] [PATCH] gnu: go-github-com-zenhack-go-notmuch: Use UNGEXP-NATIVE with NOTMUCH-FIXTURES.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 12:09:00 +0000

"(" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun Nov 20, 2022 at 11:28 AM GMT, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> I can guess at why you might be wanting to change this, but I'm
>> interested in what your actual reasoning is (and it's good if this is in
>> the commit message to)?
>
> Well, since NOTMUCH-FIXTURES is just an origin, it won't differ on
> different systems. So, we don't need to cross-compile it, because a
> non-cross-compiled version will work just as well. But Guix has no
> way of knowing this, so if we use UNGEXP, it'll re-build the origin
> unnecessarily. If we use UNGEXP-NATIVE, it'll just use the host's
> NOTMUCH-FIXTURES.

Thanks. And yeah, given notmuch-fixtures is just an origin, maybe this
just does make sense without any extra explaination.

I've gone ahead and pushed this to master as
cfec9f055272feb6fca8c52ba92c8e7d831052ac.

Chris