Subject: bug#59123: closed (Re: bug#59123: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Update etc/AUTHORS entry)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 15:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#59123: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Update etc/AUTHORS entry

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
59123: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=59123
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59123: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Update etc/AUTHORS entry
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 07:26:30 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Manuel Uberti via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> first of all thank you having included me in etc/AUTHORS. If possible,
> I'd like to expand a little the entry linked to my name. I attached a
> small patch with the relevant changes.

This file is automatically generated from the ChangeLog (which, in turn,
is generated from the commit messages), and will be updated in
preparation of the release of Emacs 29.  Since the result of applying
your patch would just be overwritten later, I don't think it makes sense
to install it.

You could test the steps in admin/make-tarball.txt and let me know if
you notice anything untowards with any entry, including your own.  More
specifically, see this headline:

    2.  Regenerate the versioned ChangeLog.N and etc/AUTHORS files.

The good news is that, barring any bugs, your entry should be updated
exactly as you propose.

I'm therefore closing this bug report for now.  Thanks for
understanding.

Subject: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Update etc/AUTHORS entry
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 15:59:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

first of all thank you having included me in etc/AUTHORS. If possible, 
I'd like to expand a little the entry linked to my name. I attached a 
small patch with the relevant changes.

Thanks

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-06 built on baruch
Repository revision: d59c32201edd262dc97cad8c590ef5ae9bafaf74
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74286 11453)
  (symbols 48 7074 0)
  (strings 32 18746 3047)
  (string-bytes 1 582690)
  (vectors 16 14480)
  (vector-slots 8 256564 13433)
  (floats 8 27 46)
  (intervals 56 210 0)
  (buffers 984 11))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu

From 58bd117650555c00fd8d74c461e2d3e15d9d2de6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 15:57:30 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Update etc/AUTHORS entry

* etc/AUTHORS: Update.
---
 etc/AUTHORS | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/etc/AUTHORS b/etc/AUTHORS
index 2659395898..fb7f9557c2 100644
--- a/etc/AUTHORS
+++ b/etc/AUTHORS
@@ -3464,7 +3464,7 @@ Manuel Gómez: changed speedbar.el
 
 Manuel Serrano: wrote flyspell.el
 
-Manuel Uberti: changed project.el
+Manuel Uberti: changed eglot.el project.el xref.el
 
 Marcelo Toledo: changed TUTORIAL.pt_BR TUTORIAL.cn TUTORIAL.cs
   TUTORIAL.de TUTORIAL.es TUTORIAL.fr TUTORIAL.it TUTORIAL.ja TUTORIAL.ko
-- 
2.34.1