Subject: Re: bug#59122: 29.0.50; global-text-scale-adjust not working

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 04:05:56 +0100

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> writes:

> Works here too, but the function still increases the font size right
> after I execute it.
>
> In other words, to have *no change* in font size, I have do:
>
> 1. type `M-x' and `global-text-scale-adjust' and `RET'
> 2. type `-'
> 3. type `q'
>
> `text-scale-adjust' does this too, so I guess ... a feature?

I guess the idea is that you should invoke it with `C-x C-M-0'?  But
that seems to have another problem with the patch - when I type it I
get:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
‘max-lisp-eval-depth’")
  redisplay--unhighlight-overlay-function(nil)
  redisplay--update-region-highlight(#<window 3 on *scratch*>)
  run-hook-with-args(redisplay--update-region-highlight #<window 3 on
*scratch*>)
  redisplay--pre-redisplay-functions(nil)
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()
  redisplay(force)
  global-text-scale-adjust(1)
[[[... 1590 identical lines elided /SK ...]]
  global-text-scale-adjust(1)
  funcall-interactively(global-text-scale-adjust 1)
  call-interactively(global-text-scale-adjust nil nil)
  command-execute(global-text-scale-adjust)

> Also, the two function now scale super-duper differently. :-/

Do you mean 'text-scale-adjust' and 'global-text-scale-adjust'?  I see
the same here.