Subject: bug#59120: 29.0.50; [package-vc] Nowhere to find package-vc-archive-spec-alist

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:28:47 +0000

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

> I’m happily trying out package-vc and hoping it can replace 
> my home-brew install-from-source package!
> The docstring of package-vc-selected-packages mentions
> package-vc-archive-spec-alist but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

I have been preparing a few changes on scratch/package-vc-fixes, I
believe that the issues you mention have been resolved there.

> More over, it would be nice if the documentation of package-vc-install
> (docstring or manual) can explain how do I specify the branch when
> Using package-vc-install. From what I can see you can only specify the url
> and revision.

There is no explicit way to do this right now, besides switching to a
different branch after checking out the repository.

The only other thing you can do is provide a package specification, as
documented in `package-vc-selected-packages'.  That has a :branch
property.

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

> CC Phillip since he probably didn’t see this.

You are right, sorry about that.