Subject: bug#59109: 29.0.50; package-tests failing since feature/package+vc merge

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 10:05:46 +0000

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Let me know if you'd like me to run anything else on my end.
>
> For some reason I suddenly keep getting `bad-signature' errors that
> should (?) be unrelated to the actual issue.  I suspect that there might
> be some other misconfiguration on my system.
>
> What I was wondering is if you could run git bisect on the history
> between the merge commit and f3e7820b48 to identify where the issues
> appeared?

Scrap that, I figured out what the issue was.  package-vc requests
package specifications from "elpa-packages.eld", and I added the file
without adding a signature.  I've generated that, and now all the tests
pass.  The code is still on scratch/package-vc-fixes, as I am still
awaiting a few people to check if other issues have been resolved.  When
that has happened, I'll rebase the changes onto master.