Subject: Re: [bug#59102] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add mogan.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 22:01:18 +0100

Hello,

Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/text-editors.scm (mogan): New variable.

Thank you. I applied the first patch of the set. Some comments about
this one follow.

> +    (arguments
> +     (substitute-keyword-arguments (package-arguments texmacs)
> +       ((#:phases orig)
> +        #~(modify-phases #$orig
> +            ;; The non-deterministic compression issue is solved in Mogan.
> +            (delete 'gzip-flags)))))

Unlike TeXmacs, Mogan ships with tests. Could you also run them?

> +    (synopsis "Structural editor delivered by Xmacs Labs")

I don't think the ads is warranted here. Maybe "Scientific text editor"
is better.

> +    (description
> +     "Mogan is a fork of GNU TeXmacs created by Xmacs Labs. Its goal is
> +make everyone to enjoy it fluently and develop new feature for everyone to learn
> +and create science and technology.")

This description is not very descriptive. I don't have any good idea,
the repository is not very helpful for that matter. At a minimum,
I suggest to remove "created by Xmacs Labs" and separate sentences with
two spaces. The second should also be replaced.

> +    (home-page "https://gitee.com/XmacsLabs/mogan")))

Could you move home-page above synopsis?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou