Subject: Re: bug#5909: 23.1; (feature request) scrollable "widget-choose" window

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 18:11:10 -0300

>    1. Open a graphic terminal, and resize it to (90 columns, 10 rows).
This
>    is quite small, because the largest option list i've found right now is
>    quite short too.
>    2. start emacs with "-nw" and "-q" switches.
>    3. M-x customize-group <RET> killing <RET>
>    4. Modify a bit the "kill ring max" property.
>    5. Put the cursor on the associated "[State]" text and type <RET>.
>    6. Now you shoud see the widget-choose buffer, but showing only part of
>    the text (similar to the attached screenshot). And there's no way to
switch
>    to that buffer and scroll the text.

With Emacs built from master, I followed these steps using xfce4 terminal
emulator.

After step 6, I typed C-M-v, as I'm used with a *Help* buffer, and I was
able
to scroll the widget-choose buffer.  So I think this wishlist item is
fulfilled.

Best regards,
Mauro.