Subject: 29.0.50; package-vc-install-from-checkout stringp error

From: Feng Shu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 10:42:04 +0800

When I install cnfonts with package-vc-install-from-checkout, 
the below error showed, toggle-debug-on-error can not let more info showed.

Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443 [2 times]
Contacting host: elpa.nongnu.org:443
  INFO     Scraping files for loaddefs...done
package-vc--main-file: Wrong type argument: stringp, cnfonts

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-11-07 built on Tumashu
Repository revision: 61d55ce3bb4dc1f7deac552439c61bbe0909dcdb
Repository branch: feng-emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  cnfonts-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-tab-line-mode: t
  tab-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/xr-1.23/xr hides ~/projects/emacs-packages/pyim/.deps/xr
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/pyim-basedict-0.5.4/pyim-basedict hides ~/projects/emacs-packages/pyim/.deps/pyim-basedict
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/async-20221103.638/async hides ~/projects/emacs-packages/pyim/.deps/async
/home/feng/.emacs.d/elpa-29/transient-20221028.1430/transient hides /home/feng/emacs/emacs29/lisp/transient

Features:
(dired-aux loaddefs-gen vc-git vc-hg package-vc mailalias smtpmail
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check eudc-capf eudc eudc-vars mule-util shadow mail-extr
emacsbug cl-print mm-archive network-stream url-cache url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm cus-start cursor-sensor warnings emacs-helper eh-guix guix
geiser-guile info-look geiser-debug geiser-repl geiser-image geiser-capf
geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-autodoc geiser-edit etags fileloop xref
geiser-completion geiser-eval geiser-connection geiser-syntax scheme
geiser-log geiser-popup view geiser eh-misc vundo magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu edebug debug backtrace magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
server magit-mode transient edmacro magit-git magit-base magit-section
compat-27 compat-26 aggressive-indent eh-emms emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mpv emms-player-mplayer emms-setup emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history
emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser emms-volume
emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url
emms-player-simple emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor
emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-native
bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac
emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
emms-later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
locate emms emms-compat el2org cnfonts tempel citre-config
citre-lang-fileref citre-tags citre-ctags citre-readtags
citre-readtags-tables citre-backend-interface citre-ui-peek color
citre-ui-jump citre-common-tag citre-common-util projectile skeleton
ibuf-macs find-dired lisp-mnt grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs eh-gnus-common ebdb-message ebdb-gnus nnselect ebdb-mua
ebdb-complete ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb-i18n-chn ebdb-i18n
ebdb-i18n-basic ebdb inline eieio-base timezone eww xdg url-queue
thingatpt mm-url gnus-demon gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
nntp gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr eh-complete cape
corfu-history corfu eh-org org-ql peg org-super-agenda ts ht s dash
org-habit org-capture ob-python python project ob-org ox-md ox-org
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
generator autorevert filenotify org-attach org-id org-refile org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol
org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
eh-functions eh-theme modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes eh-basic
cal-china-x cal-china lunar solar cal-dst holidays holiday-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs pyim-basedict pyim-cregexp-utils
easy-mmode pyim pyim-cloudim pyim-probe pyim-preview pyim-page popup
cl-extra posframe pyim-indicator pyim-dregcache pyim-dhashcache sort
pyim-dict async pyim-autoselector pyim-process pyim-punctuation
pyim-outcome pyim-candidates pyim-cstring pyim-cregexp pcase xr
pyim-codes pyim-imobjs pyim-pinyin pyim-entered pyim-dcache pyim-pymap
pyim-scheme pyim-common wdired dired dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher
consult-vertico consult compat-28 compat compat-macs kmacro orderless
vertico-directory vertico savehist tab-line switch-window
switch-window-mvborder switch-window-asciiart quail so-long elec-pair
bookmark text-property-search pixel-scroll cua-base tramp-cache
time-stamp tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp cus-load icons files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ansi-color parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec recentf tree-widget wid-edit elpa-mirror finder-inf
vertico-autoloads org-ql-autoloads f-autoloads ov-autoloads
peg-autoloads aggressive-indent-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads orderless-autoloads cnfonts-autoloads
modus-themes-autoloads consult-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
org-download-autoloads org-super-agenda-autoloads ht-autoloads
paredit-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads switch-window-autoloads ts-autoloads
s-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree
help-mode geiser-custom geiser-base ring transient-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads xmlgen-autoloads wrap-region-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads vundo-autoloads recentf-ext-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
pyim-basedict-autoloads citre-autoloads compat-autoloads cape-autoloads
emms-autoloads org-contrib-autoloads ox-gfm-autoloads guix-autoloads
geiser-autoloads bui-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
elpa-mirror-autoloads el2org-autoloads ebdb-i18n-chn-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads pyim-autoloads async-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
xr-autoloads dired-ranger-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
dash-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads tempel-autoloads projectile-autoloads
cal-china-x-autoloads autopair-autoloads info corfu-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib china-util rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1137375 188065)
 (symbols 48 51196 140)
 (strings 32 551910 7113)
 (string-bytes 1 9418700)
 (vectors 16 113144)
 (vector-slots 8 13739388 99579)
 (floats 8 1232 982)
 (intervals 56 1522 458)
 (buffers 984 18))