Subject: Re: bug#59087: 29.0.50; package-vc-update error

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 17:22:27 +0100

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do you think we should make it such?  The command is strictly speaking
> not necessary, because package-update does the same thing.

Does it?  `package-update' updates *all* packages, not just the VC
packages.  If I understand that correctly, then I suggest we auto-load
`package-vc-update[-all]' so that the user can update *just* their VC
package[s] when they need to.

Rudy
-- 
"Mathematics takes us still further from what is human into the region
of absolute necessity, to which not only the actual world, but every
possible world, must conform."
-- Bertrand Russell, 1902

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia