Subject: [bug#59078] [PATCH] lint: Split the derivation lint checker by system.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 10:03:37 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 13:51, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I meant that it’s important to have a single ‘derivation’ checker that
> checks derivations for all the supported systems.  Packagers should be
> able to run ‘guix lint -c derivation PKG’ and be confident that it’s
> fine for all systems.

The CLI invokation is unrelated to the invoked checkers, no?  As Chris
is proposing, it seems being worth to group some checkers.  For
instance, we already have the option ’-n, --no-network’ which does that
but probably at the wrong level.

Maybe we could have another command line option,

    guix lint --group=no-network
    guix lint --group=derivation
    guix lint --group=no-network,derivation

I do not know…

Cheers,
simon