Subject: 29.0.50; Byte-compiler fails since b5850ba3ae

From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 07:50:19 -0300

Since commit b5850ba3ae byte-compilation fails.

An easy way to reproduce is running 'package-recompile-all' or
'byte-recompile-directory'. After running no elc's are created.

Single file compilation with 'byte-compile-file' still works.

commit b5850ba3ae8758731d9420cf62c4fca6b765905c
Author: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Nov 4 18:04:35 2022 +0100

    Document 'package-vc-selected-packages'
    
    * doc/emacs/package.texi: Expand documentation and give example.
    * etc/NEWS: Mention 'package-vc-selected-packages'.
    * lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el (package-vc--select-packages): Remove
    function.
    (package-vc-ensure-packages): Add function based on
    'package-vc--select-packages'.
    (package-vc-selected-packages): Call 'package-vc-ensure-packages' from
    custom setter.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 19, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-11-05 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 616aa23d8a130a664a2ce3bb05f3518ce0f5a018
Repository branch: HEAD
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --without-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --without-gconf --with-pgtk --with-sound=no --without-gpm
 --with-native-compilation --without-gsettings --without-libsystemd
 --without-sqlite3 --without-xim --with-xwidgets
 --without-compress-install --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBXML2 NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  savehist-mode: t
  popper-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mule-util
face-remap orderless savehist popper comp comp-cstr subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile elec-pair vertico
mb-depth delsel xah-fly-keys g3r-dark-theme info
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads compat-autoloads
embark-autoloads helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads f-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads orderless-autoloads popper-autoloads s-autoloads
transient-autoloads vertico-autoloads with-editor-autoloads warnings
icons so-long cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 102611 60506)
 (symbols 48 8593 2)
 (strings 32 27336 16250)
 (string-bytes 1 851497)
 (vectors 16 16785)
 (vector-slots 8 337094 118876)
 (floats 8 56 273)
 (intervals 56 346 80)
 (buffers 984 12))

-- 
German Pacenza