Subject: [bug#59073] [PATCH] gnu: r-minimal: Avoid referencing /gnu/store/[^-]+-glibc-[^-]+-static.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 08:13:32 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> As this causes the following error when computing a cross-compilation
>> derivation for r-minimal and related packages.
>
> Which error?  :-)

Good spot, I've updated the patch/commit message.

But it's this:

  → guix build --target=aarch64-linux-gnu r-minimal
  guix build: error: path ‘/gnu/store/[^-]+-glibc-[^-]+-static’ is not valid

I'm not sure why this seems to only affect cross derivations. It's not
the only problem that's happened for cross derivations though, so it
might be good to expand the linting to cover them (maybe even for just
one common target like aarch64-linux-gnu).

Thanks,

Chris