Subject: Re: bug#59069: `guix shell -CN' failed to access GPU

From: dan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 23:08:41 +0800

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Could you check with strace what it’s trying to access, both 
> with and
> without ‘-N’?
>
>   guix shell mesa-utils strace … -C -- strace -o /tmp/log.strace 
>   glxinfo

I looked into the strace logs, and found out that it's actually 
having trouble accessing /sys, which is not available in a '-N' 
container.  I run the following scripts to test:
> $ guix shell -C coreutils -- ls /
> bin  dev  etc  gnu  home  proc  sys  tmp
while with the '-N' flag:
> $guix shell -CN coreutils --ls /
> bin  dev  etc  gnu  home  proc  tmp

I have the strace logs in the paste bin, with the line indicating 
the problem[1][2].

[1]: 
https://paste.sr.ht/~lizog/950ef117109fb0d34e70a813852cf7cbf04919a6#log-cn.strace-L585
[2]: 
https://paste.sr.ht/~lizog/950ef117109fb0d34e70a813852cf7cbf04919a6#log-c.strace-L552

-- 
dan