Subject: bug#59067: 29.0.50; Exexpected overlay order in `overlays-in' return value

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 03:39:06 +0000

Hi,

Some Org tests are failing when testing with the latest Emacs 29 master.

To reproduce, get the latest Org from git and run make test.

The common feature of all the failing tests is usage of overlays-in and
expecting certain order of overlays in its return value. The order is
changed compared to Emacs 28.

I consider this an Emacs bug.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-06 built on localhost
Repository revision: 6e5ec085510ccf52ac6cb07c3a1a2778324a1d89
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Gentoo Linux

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>