Subject: bug#59061: bwrap-related Emacs test failure on Ubuntu 22.10

From: Matt Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:26:30 -0800

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is on Ubuntu 22.10 x86-64, with current Emacs master (commit
> 8a49a888532c955ae81855636a65b446508cb361 dated today). "make check" fails
> in some of the bubblewrap tests. Some bwrap expertise (which I don't have)
> would be of use in debugging this so I'm taking the liberty of cc'ing
> Philipp.
>
> I'm attaching a copy of the build log (created with ./autogen.sh;
> configure; make; make check) and of the test failure logged in
> test/src/emacs-tests.log.

I was able to reproduce this on a Debian Testing system after installing
the "libseccomp-dev" package.  The test failures I get are identical to
Paul's.

Without that package lib-src/Makefile refrains from building
lib-src/seccomp-filter.bpf, which in turn causes these tests to be
skipped.  This may explain why chatter about these failures has been
low.