Subject: [bug#59018] [PATCH 0/1] OAuth2 for mbsync

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:27:22 +0100

Peter Polidoro <[email-masked]> skribis:

> According to the Cyrus SASL quickstart guide:
>
> "Note that the library can use the environment variable SASL_PATH to
> locate the directory where the mechanisms are; this should be a
> colon-separated list of directories containing plugins."[1]
>
> Unfortunately I still do not know enough about Guix packaging to set
> this environment variable properly, nor do I know how to properly set
> the installation path in the package configuration.

We’d need to add a ‘native-search-paths’ field for “SASL_PATH” to
cyrus-sasl, as explained in the “Search Paths” section of the manual.
But that can come as a separate patch.

> From d5e9f604531dbf9cf7a16a107a3745d0203e1dd7 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> From: Peter Polidoro <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 09:50:51 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add cyrus-sasl-xoauth2.
>
> * gnu/packages/cyrus-sasl.scm (cyrus-sasl-xoauth2): New variable.

It fails to build:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `install'
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-cyrus-sasl-xoauth2-0.2.drv-0/source'
 /gnu/store/d251rfgc9nm2clzffzhgiipdvfvzkvwi-coreutils-8.32/bin/mkdir -p '/usr/lib/sasl2'
/gnu/store/d251rfgc9nm2clzffzhgiipdvfvzkvwi-coreutils-8.32/bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr’: Permission denied
make[1]: *** [Makefile:418: install-pkglibLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could you send an updated patch?  TIA!

Ludo’.