Subject: [bug#59018] [PATCH 0/1] OAuth2 for mbsync

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 13:56:04 -0400

From: Peter Polidoro <[email-masked]>

I am trying to get OAuth2 working for mbsync so I can check an email account
that has discontinued basic authorization.

Following these steps:
https://github.com/harishkrupo/oauth2ms/blob/main/steps.org

I am at the point of needing the xoauth2 sasl plugin to make mbsync work with
the XOAUTH2 AuthMech. Perhaps that is already a part of Guix, but I was unable
to find it.

Here is an implementation of the xoaut2 sasl plugin that I attempted to package:
https://github.com/moriyoshi/cyrus-sasl-xoauth2

It seems to compile correctly, but I was unsure of how to do the configuration
in order to make it install into the proper location. It defaults into
installing it to:
/usr/lib/sasl2

Perhaps it instead needs to go into the /lib/sasl2 directory within the
cyrus-sasl package, but I do not know how to specify that in this package's
configuration.

I assume that if cyrus-sasl is able to detect and use this plugin then it will
have the ability to use XOAUTH2 making mbsync work correctly, but that would
have to be tested to make sure more configuration is not needed.

Peter Polidoro (1):
  gnu: Add cyrus-sasl-xoauth2.

 gnu/packages/cyrus-sasl.scm | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 32 insertions(+)

-- 
2.38.0