Subject: [bug#59018] [PATCH 0/1] OAuth2 for mbsync

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:49:18 +0100

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> It seems to compile correctly, but I was unsure of how to do the configuration
> in order to make it install into the proper location. It defaults into
> installing it to:
> /usr/lib/sasl2
>
> Perhaps it instead needs to go into the /lib/sasl2 directory within the
> cyrus-sasl package, but I do not know how to specify that in this package's
> configuration.

Adding files to another package is not possible.

Packages usually have a search path environment variable for plugins.  I
don’t see one for cyrus-sasl (I just grepped for “getenv” so I might
have overlooked it).  The “Guix way” would be to have cyrus-sasl honor,
say, $CYRUS_SASL_PLUGIN_PATH and look for plugins in those directories,
add a search path to the package¹, and have the plugin installed in
$prefix/lib/sasl2 like you did.

Could you check whether cyrus-sasl already has such a mechanism, or add
one (possibly discussing with upstream), and send updated patches?

Nitpick:

> +    (description "XOAUTH2 mechanism plugin for cyrus-sasl.")

Also, please improve the description².

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.

¹ https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Search-Paths.html
² https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html