Subject: Re: [bug#59003] [PATCH 4/7] installer: Use 'current-guix' for extensions.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 18:34:45 +0100

Hi Florian,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>> -                           guix gnutls)
>> +                           (current-guix) gnutls)
>
> This change is bad, it seems.

Yes, it’s not great.  We could skip it provided we first upgrade the
‘guix’ package (with “make update-guix-package”) so that we get the
latest (gnu build linux-modules) module.  You can do that to test things
locally.

We’re doing:

  (with-extension (list … guix …)
    (with-imported-modules (list … guix modules …)
      …))

and it turns out that extensions take precedence in %load-path.  So
merely adding (gnu build linux-modules) to the ‘with-imported-modules’
list isn’t enough, unfortunately.

Ludo’.