Subject: [bug#59003] [PATCH 4/7] installer: Use 'current-guix' for extensions.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 10:09:03 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
> -                           guix gnutls)
> +                           (current-guix) gnutls)

This change is bad, it seems.

Having applied the patch on a local checkout on a machine which is not
in the .guix-authorizations file,

* when I run
./pre-inst-env guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm
breaks build for me because the commit is not authorized.  This is a bad
regression.

* when I `guix pull` with the guix channel pointing to the local
checkout,
guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm
produces an installer image with the old installer from the guix
package.

I haven’t fully understood (current-guix), but it seems better to update
the guix package, maybe.

Regards,
Florian