Subject: bug#59002: Bug from profile path name?

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 10:08:41 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 03 Nov 2022 at 14:56, Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]

> $ guix install -p ~/profile/llvm@14 llvm@14

[...]

> In guix/ui.scm:
>     312:5  7 (display-hint _ _)
>   1448:24  6 (texi->plain-text _)
> In texinfo.scm:
>   1132:22  5 (parse _)
>    980:31  4 (loop #<input: string 7f97f8aa84d0> (*fragment*) _ _ _)
>    911:31  3 (loop #<input: string 7f97f8aa84d0> #f #<procedure ide…> …)
>    754:31  2 (_ #<input: string 7f97f8aa84d0> _ (example # # lisp …) …)
>      92:2  1 (read-command-token #<input: string 7f97f8aa84d0>)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>
> ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> Throw to key `parser-error' with args `(#<input: string 7f97f8aa84d0>
> "Nonalphabetic @-command char: '" #\1 "'")'.

Well, the issue is ’@14’ is interpreted as TeXinfo.  Maybe the
replacement of ’texi->plain-text’ inside ’display-hint’ by
’texi->plain-text*’ and teach the latter for this “corner case“.

However, what is the “corner case”? :-) Any ’@thing’ for thing not a
keyword of TeXinfo?  Therefore, ’llvm@14’ would work but not
’llvm@code’.  Why not? :-)

Cheers,
simon