Subject: bug#58992: 28.2; "lax space matching" no longer works

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 13:52:52 +0200

> Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 11:56:37 +0100
> From: Vincent Lefevre <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I've searched on the web and found the Emacs wiki
> 
>   https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/RegularExpression
> 
> It even encourages the use of "\s-" for searching: this is a page
> mainly for searching (see the first line of the text), and in the
> "Regexp Syntax Basics" (note: *basics*):
> 
>   \sc      character with c syntax (e.g. \s- for whitespace char)
> 
> So users are very likely to use it.

The Emacs project is not responsible for what the wiki says, and at
least I take every opportunity to tell users to treat what it says
with a grain of salt.  Emacs comes with very detailed manuals, and
they and the doc strings should be used as the definitive
documentation, not the wiki or SE or any other place.