Subject: bug#58982: 28.2; nido-mode conflict with dired-dwim-target

From: 范凯 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 09:12:33 +0800 (CST)

--text follows this line--

1. Enable dired-dwim-target and fido-mode
(custom-set-varibles
'(dired-dwim-target t)
'(fido-mode t))

2. Create two diretory trees, with following layout:

source_tree
source_tree/a.txt
source_tree/b.txt
source_tree/c.txt

destin_tree/d.txt

3. Open two root diretory, with dired-mode, in two windows side by
side. For dired-twim-target to work.

4. Mark, a.txt, b.txt, c.txt in source_tree.

5. Type `C` and `dired-twim-target` will prompt to to copy them to
destin_tree

6. Type `Enter` to confirm.

7. Copy report an error, say that target must be a directory instead of
`d.txt`.

The expected behavior is: 3 files successfully copied to destin_tree.

A known Workaournd is: Type `.` before step 6, to make sure dired
selected the target directory itself, instead of something inside it.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-09-13 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19044.2130)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  company-box-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  cnfonts-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-layout-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/opt/ekaifan/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20221028.1430/transient hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-28.2/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils sendmail comp comp-cstr warnings rx rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr dired-aux time-date server company-box
company-box-doc frame-local company-box-icons languagetool-server
languagetool-issue languagetool-core languagetool-java request
mailheader autorevert filenotify mail-utils use-package-bind-key
bind-key easy-mmode company-tabnine unicode-escape s dash package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
url-vars use-package-ensure cl-macs cl-extra help-mode cl-seq
use-package-core cnfonts beacon dired-x dired dired-loaddefs generic-x
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
fileloop generator xref project ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb leuven-theme saveplace
ido seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv company edmacro kmacro
pcase subr-x icomplete cl-loaddefs cl-lib elec-pair cus-load info advice
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 207374 18780)
 (symbols 48 16563 1)
 (strings 32 55852 3017)
 (string-bytes 1 1891816)
 (vectors 16 33734)
 (vector-slots 8 1290312 150908)
 (floats 8 260 418)
 (intervals 56 553 1)
 (buffers 992 16))