Subject: Re: bug#58980: 29.0.50; Mouse wheel scroll twitches up sometimes when I scroll down

From: Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 11:28:02 +0000

On 04/11/2022 11:22 am, Po Lu wrote:
> Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> That did indeed seem to fix the issue, but unfortunately it did seem
>> to introduce one minor regression:
>>
>> When you first scroll a window, it now takes two scrolls of my wheel
>> to induce one scroll event in Emacs. After that, it works fine, and
>> subsequent 'chains' of up or down scrolls work as expected.
>> It's again 'reset' if I try to scroll a different, non-active, window;
>> then I must scroll twice in a direction to get Emacs to register a
>> scroll event.
>>
>> Could there be an off-by-one error somewhere?
> Luckily, what I said earlier isn't it.  Please test again and see if the
> problem is fixed now.
I can confirm that this fix now resolves both the regression and the 
original issue.

I'll keep you posted if I discover any other oddities. (Pixel scroll 
precision mode also works fine, by the way!)

Thanks, Po lu.
>
> Thanks; BTW, please keep the bug tracker copied in by using "Reply to
> All" (or its equivalent in your MUA.)
Oops - thanks!