Subject: Re: bug#58956: mark_object, mark_objects(?) crash

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 13:51:26 -0700

Hello,

On Sat 12 Nov 2022 at 02:55AM +01, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2022-11-11 11:32:33 -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
>> On Thu 10 Nov 2022 at 11:23AM +01, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> > On 2022-11-08 12:44:08 -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
>> >> Are you able to test the patch?  Let me know if you need help getting an
>> >> installable .deb.  Thanks.
>> >
>> > Sorry, I couldn't test it yet, first because of an uninstallable
>> > package needed for the build because I couldn't upgrade libc6 yet
>> > and I couldn't get the previous version from snapshot.debian.org
>> > (bug 1023540). Now that I could upgrade libc6, I'll be able to
>> > test when I have some time, but perhaps not before the week-end.
>>
>> Okay, do let me know if I can help -- this is blocking Emacs from migrating.
>
> I've rebuilt the packages with the patch and couldn't reproduce
> the bug yet. So it may be the correct fix.

Many thanks for testing, and Eli and Paul for the patch.

-- 
Sean Whitton