Subject: 29.0.50; overlays in org-mode are disrupted after call `org-capture`

From: Eli Qian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 21:58:55 +0800

Reproduction steps:

1. start "emacs -Q"
2. type "C-x C-f" and "test.org" and RET
3. type the following:
* DONE test
CLOSED: [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:LOGBOOK:
- State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:END:
* DONE test
CLOSED: [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:LOGBOOK:
- State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:END:
* DONE test
CLOSED: [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:LOGBOOK:
- State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:END:
* DONE test
CLOSED: [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:LOGBOOK:
- State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2022-10-31 Mon 18:27]
:END:

4. call `org-shifttab`(S-TAB), make sure all headlines are in 
OVERVIEW.
5. load the following code:
(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("l" "test" entry (file "path to org")
           "* %?"
           :prepend t
           :empty-lines 0)))

6. Call `org-capture` in test.org buffer, and type something.

Actual:

You will see overlays (org-ellipsis) will move randomly, and 
reopening this file will return to normal.

Expected:

`org-capture` works fine, no format disruption.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2022-10-31 built on eli
Repository revision: a691e811e23dee48674e9e0716429074fdbe3d7b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101004
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation 
 --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP 
NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mule-util info pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww 
xdg
url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history 
url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core url-vars gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus 
xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time 
gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny 
rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config 
mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired
dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote 
org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic json map bibtex 
iso8601
time-date ol org-keys oc org-compat byte-opt advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs 
gv
cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl 
tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks 
lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar 
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar 
rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock 
syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple 
cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew 
greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button 
loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window 
text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal 
dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting 
font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 265635 19353)
 (symbols 48 20861 6)
 (strings 32 75783 8754)
 (string-bytes 1 2324175)
 (vectors 16 40494)
 (vector-slots 8 716446 33750)
 (floats 8 354 360)
 (intervals 56 1052 21)
 (buffers 984 15))
 
--