Subject: bug#58928: 29.0.50; overlays in org-mode are disrupted after call `org-capture`

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 21:10:49 +0800

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I don't know, but my guess is that the indirect buffer thing is already
>> a good starting point for Stefan/Matt.
>
> Indeed.  I believe it is now fixed.  Please confirm,

Hi stefan,

I tried the latest commit, but thhis issue is still existed on macOS and
Windows 10.

I tested commit 8a5678906fa1b899c4d111e5ee4334b278f50d48 on Windows 10,
and commit 2eb2eb0c9ead205935be58ce9bb54465d48b20c8 on macOS Ventura
(13.0)

#-------------------------------------------------------------------
In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.1.0, NS
 appkit-2299.00 Version 13.0 (Build 22A380)) of 2022-11-03 built on
 MacBook
Repository revision: 2eb2eb0c9ead205935be58ce9bb54465d48b20c8
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.0

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --without-dbus
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings
icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp
byte-compile cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 84977 6469)
 (symbols 48 7541 0)
 (strings 32 21297 2294)
 (string-bytes 1 660223)
 (vectors 16 16575)
 (vector-slots 8 342018 13903)
 (floats 8 72 31)
 (intervals 56 577 0)
 (buffers 984 14))

-- 
Eason Huang