Subject: bug#59271: closed (Re: bug#58912: bug#59283: 29.0.50; `custom-set-faces' does not respect :height when set on start-up)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58912: 29.0.50; Wrong tab-bar height at startup

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58912: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58912
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58912: bug#59283: 29.0.50; `custom-set-faces' does not respect :height when set on start-up
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 08:34:42 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> As I previously wrote in bug#59306, the fonts seem fine now, and they
> have been the reason for me filing this bug report (#58912). But the
> frame size is still jumpy (something I only noticed later).
>
> So we could close this bug and continue in bug#59306, I suppose?

Yes, I guess so.

Subject: 29.0.50; Wrong tab-bar height at startup
From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 02:48:44 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Description:
The tab-bar height is wrong (bigger than expected) at startup. It only
happens when tab-bar is enabled in init.el. After emacs is loaded, the
tab-bar height can be "fixed" by toggling the tab-bar.

A 'git bisect' indicates that the commit
52d4c98cec0901ef5cc1c55d5b3b33ac9d9c519f introduced this bug.
 
Steps:
1) Use the following in init.el:
(tab-bar-mode 1)
2) Run emacs
   - tab-bar is shown, notice the height
3) M-x tab-bar-mode RET (hide tab-bar)
4) M-x tab-bar-mode RET (show tab-bar)
   - tab-bar height is smaller than it was at startup

The video below demonstrates the issue:

---
Gabriel

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 18, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-11-14 built on 4BQPCJ3
Repository revision: c0474ca21dd76cafbd1a04fd32d4a0bd42de6351
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-history-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader modus-operandi-theme
cursor-sensor display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers
whitespace diary-lib diary-loaddefs modus-vivendi-theme cal-julian solar
cal-dst cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date range sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra help-mode cap-words superword
subword recentf tree-widget dired dired-loaddefs disp-table em-hist
em-pred esh-mode ring eshell esh-cmd generator esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util files-x savehist icomplete
mb-depth delsel modus-themes time doom-modeline-autoloads try-autoloads
all-the-icons-completion-autoloads consult-autoloads
all-the-icons-ibuffer-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx
all-the-icons-dired-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads corfu-autoloads
orderless-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads compat-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads vertico-autoloads
doom-themes-autoloads treemacs-all-the-icons-autoloads
treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads s-autoloads info dash-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads finder-inf package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars pcase cus-edit pp
cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 422982 472115)
 (symbols 48 25069 46)
 (strings 32 109738 32800)
 (string-bytes 1 3047105)
 (vectors 16 35854)
 (vector-slots 8 461466 271265)
 (floats 8 566 1258)
 (intervals 56 537 140)
 (buffers 984 11))