Subject: bug#58909: 29.0.50; [WIP PATCH] Deleting the last frame of an emacsclient doesn't ask to save

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 08:17:06 +0200

> Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 13:28:01 -0700
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
> 
> > My interpretation of why "C-x C-c" prompts is that it does the same as
> > when you use it from a non-client frame.  We want the same UX in both
> > cases.  "C-x 5 0" should IMO likewise produce the same behavior in
> > both cases.
> 
> That's actually my goal too: I'd like to ensure that the UX for a client 
> frame is as similar as possible as for a non-client frame. Since we 
> disagree on what that similarity should be, I guess that means we have 
> different mental models for some part of this. If it helps, I'll try to 
> explain how I think of it.

Thanks.  Our notions of "similarity" are different.  For me, it's the
immediate effect of the command; for you, it's what happens in Emacs
under the hood, in particular how many other "similar" frames remain.